Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Very Merry

So its Christmas. 
For me this means I visit my dad and step mom's family. Its usually a mix of dullness, awkward conversations and lonely meals. I'm surrounded by people I've been familiar with for the majority of my life but I really dont know them at all. We say hi, how are you, and so what have you been up to, but thats usually as far as the talking goes. This time I'm going to try really hard to not  be a lil outcast. Hopefully it goes by nice and fast. 

Hanging out with my dad/brother/sister/step-mom has been surprisingly delightful! Not once have they asked me about anything uncomfortable or judged me about something. Well thats not true. My dad did make a comment about my hair but only in reference to Miley Cyrus so I took that as a great compliment. I dont know why I've been so afraid to visit for so long. My dad is my dad and I should make it a point to make some appearances because who knows how long he'll be around...or me for that matter. 

Well I'm off like a dirty shirt...!

No comments:

Post a Comment